Day 22, you were good to me. Here are today’s highlights.
* I managed to clear out two boxes. Some of the contents were re organized and placed in other boxes, but still, I remain proud. My goal is two boxes a day until our office space is actually a usable space. Then I will transform the room into a sanctuary with guitars and music.
* My daughter has a lot of “firsts” these days. Although they may appear minor to the outsider, they are huge successes to me. Liv runs to the bathtub each time she hears “Its ducky bath time!” with excitement. Liv runs to the bottom drawer of her dresser when I say “Lets put on your shoes.” And she picked out shoes that actually match. Quite the fashionista in the making!
But seriously, the sweetest moment was when Olivia began crying while watching her mom trim her own fingernails. Each time I trimmed a nail, Liv would whimper with empathy, very concerned for her mommy. I would reassure her but it barely worked. I could go on and on but I will stop now. =) Other highlights…
* Liv and I played in the park. It is a lesson for me in being mindful, being in the moment. As soon as Liv began rolling around in the dirt, leaves and grass; I had a moment of “should I be letting her do this?” But quickly I remembered that kids need to be kids. So I began rolling around too. We giggled and I chased her around the park. People probably thought we were nuts but I didn’t care, because in that moment, I couldn’t be happier. I am inspired daily by Olivia. (Oh gosh, sorry, am I talking again about her? Sometimes, I just can’t help myself.)
* Lets see what else? I stopped in the pet store off of Park Avenue in Winter Park. It is called ”The Doggie Door”. The staff is super friendly and willing to go above and beyond. The owner helped me with tips for our dog Jasmin’s misbehavior. The store offers an array of doggie goods. Here is the link to store if interested. http://bullfish.net/
* On Tuesdays and Thursdays, my personal time is more limited since Olivia is not in school. I enjoy spending quality time with Liv on these days. So with that being said, it is difficult to work on my music, writing etc.. However, as I mentioned in previous blog; I plan to do at least one thing a day to further my goals as an artist, no matter what.
* Today’s music goal was to listen to my music; the songs and lyrics I have already recorded. It had been awhile and I needed to refresh my memory. In addition I listened to classical, and various other styles with Olivia.
It was a fun, silly and endearing day!